Last night Emma had her first orchestra concert. There are 120 5th graders in orchestra and I don't know how many 6th and 7th graders, so they rented the Barrus Concert Hall at BYU-Idaho. That means if we wanted to watch her, we had to buy tickets for $1 each. The concert sold out and apparently some parents weren't even able to get tickets. The 5th graders played 4 songs (plucked 3 and used their bows for 1). It was a 10 minute concert, but it was really cute. Emma sat way in the back, so we couldn't see her, but we still enjoyed it.
This is Emma standing up in the back so we can take her picture before the concert began:

This is Emma eating a celebratory blizzard after the concert:
Yesterday Emma came home from school and said, "I got to digest a squid in science today!" She meant "dissect," but as it turns out they also got to sample some calamari, so she actually did digest some squid.
This is Lauren, playing with our neighbor, Brooklyn, on the playground this afternoon. They were just hanging out on the swings, talking together. I thought it was cute. Lauren has missed Brooklyn lately, because her dad's been in town and she's been staying with him (her parents are divorced).
2 comments:
Did Emma have a good time at her concert? I bet she was good.
Sweet girls.
Post a Comment