Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pinewood Derby

Landon is the assistant Webelos leader, so we were able to participate in the Pinewood Derby this year. We entered a car in the "family race." The girls painted it pink and used some glitter glue and Landon glued decorative stones on it to make it weigh 5 ounces. I used a Sharpie and wrote fun phrases like, "Hand over the trophy, boys," "Girls Rule," and "Eat our pink dust." We came in 2nd place in our race, just barely beat by a 3 year old little girl named Riley (whose dad happens to be the Cubmaster). It was probably our first and last Pinewood Derby, and I'm not really sad about that.

3 comments:

Jones Family said...

This is great! Now we know where to go for our next dreaded pinewood derby month.

Lorina LeFevre said...

Pink rules!!

Heidi said...

I'd love it if the YW had a chance to do a Pinewood Derby against the boys. Glad you guys got to participate.