We did Bountiful Baskets last week, and got some mystery items. We got white asparagus, 2 enormous yellow, melon-like objects, plus some good stuff like mangoes, cherry tomatoes, limes, plums, spinach, etc. We also added a 24 pound box of peaches for $12. They turned out to be kind of flavorless! We're a little disappointed, actually, but we're making the best of it. We made a really yummy peach cobbler with a Paula Deen recipe, and today we made 14 half-pints of peach/plum jam. We still have the majority of the peaches left, but we'll be making more jam or something tomorrow. Turns out, if you add enough sugar, it doesn't matter what the peaches taste like.
We laid the peaches out to ripen a little more.
This peach cobbler is the best I've ever had! We made it Sunday night, then again Monday night with the Morris's in a dutch oven.
My neighbor had a bunch of extra tomatoes she received from the Idaho Food Bank, so she shared with us. Being one step away from the food bank ourselves, I didn't feel bad about taking some of her bounty. They were yummy! We had tomatoes with basil and mozzarella, with butternut squash for dinner, with the peach cobbler for dessert. It was an amazing meal.
The girls spent about 4 hours making cards on Sunday afternoon. I don't know if they've ever gone that long without bickering. It was a Sabbath miracle.Here's another miracle: I got released! Yay! Our whole presidency was released on Sunday. Last night I got another calling, so I only had about 48 hours without a calling, but it was a very peaceful 48 hours. My new calling is Activity Days leader, which I couldn't be happier about! I only have to do an activity twice a month! Our ward divides the girls into 2 groups, so I'm pretty sure I'll be the older girls' leader...that's where there is an opening for a leader right now.
5 comments:
Caprese salad is Shannon's all-time favorite. It looked delicious
and squash just makes my mouth water. Hoping one of those cards finds its way to the great northwest with some news from the girls.
I wish I could eat the picture of the tomato salad---love, love, love it!!! As for getting released--yay for you.
Mmmm... that tomato salad looks good... wink, wink ;) I am doing bountiful baskets this week! Finally!!!
Awesome about your new calling...perfect!
Sounds like you all are having lots of summer fun. You pictures gave me a craving for plums and peaches. Gotta love fruit!!!
Post a Comment