We spent last weekend in Pinedale, Wyoming at the Greenriver (Mountain Man) Rendezvous. We're a Mountain Man-friendly family, but I was ready to leave by Sunday. You've seen one pair of buckskin pants, possibles bag, black powder rifle and beaver trap, you've seen them all, in my opinion. Landon and his mom seemed much more interested, and Emma was happy to find some pretty glass beads. I enjoyed the scenery, bought some used books at the library book sale, and had one of the best tasting steaks I've ever eaten at the Pitchfork Fondue. Lauren loved the parade, swimming at the hotel and eating candy, which we bought in Jackson at the Yippee I O candy store.

There were tons of booths and vendors set up off main street in Pinedale. Lauren bought some friendship bracelets and Nana treated us to "Texas Twisters" which are the best tasting non-alcoholic beverage I've ever had.



We sat and watched the Rendezvous Parade. The announcer-guy kept saying stuff like "our fire department kicks ass" and he also said "butt" a few times. One parade float was from a local brewery, and their float included a beer tap where workers ran up and down the crowd passing out glasses of beer. We LOVED this. We wish Rexburg would adopt some of this town's personality. Fat chance.

We visited the Mountain Man trading tents. These tents had all kinds of hand crafted leather stuff, beaded stuff, and artwork. The girls bought a bottle of homemade root beer, which I didn't think tasted much better than our homemade brew when we made it a few months ago.


We saw a moose and some deer as we drove into Jackson. We also saw dozens and dozens of antelope all along our way. This is a mom and 3 babies.


My favorite part of the trip was eating at the Pitchfork Fondue. It is an outside "restaurant" where they cook steak on pitchforks in boiling oil. You get salad, fruit, rolls, and homemade potato chips. The only bad part was the dessert. They had brownies and lemon bars, which were pretty flavorless. I loved the steak! Definitely a highpoint.
6 comments:
I Wish I had been there! Looks like fun!
Deep fried steak, how could that be bad! Sounds like everyone had fun.
Sounds like a fun time.
OMG, LOL! I so missed you guys! That sounds like a hoot, scootin' time, Ya'all!
I bet in Rexburg they hand out milk in their parades. I plan on having a 'fortress of solitude' in my classroom but that may be too out there for this part of the country.
We have seen a pelican, many prairie dogs, a live deer and lots of slow deer, raccoons and other unidentifiable grease spots and even some quail running around a neighborhood on our little cross-country adventure. Having been trained by Landon, I'm proud of my scouting ability!
Post a Comment