
Landon, Manase and Emma thought it would be fun to go as fast as they could and leave the slow ones behind. (Sounds kind of like the straw maze experience.) The snow was about 2 feet deep and very hard to walk in if you have a 4 year old or have had rib removal/back surgery in the past year, and you don't have boots.





It took us about 3 minutes to choose a tree, which was nice. It was just too hard walking around to get picky. We cut down about a 15-foot tree, then just kept the top 6 feet, which is totally against the rules, but we're in Idaho-not Washington or Oregon. We're not tree-huggers, so I felt OK about it. After we cut down our tree, we headed back to Ashton for a late lunch/early dinner at Big Jud's! The babies all got ice cream after dinner...


Here's the product of our toil in the wilderness (I don't care if it's ugly-we'd have to hike up to the top of a mountain to get a good one and this was good enough):
7 comments:
I think you did a good job!
What a slender tree--cute.
I love it!!!
Why don't you just get a fake one and not have to go out through the snow for a real one?
All the babies got ice cream?! We had a really good time! I haven't uploaded any of my pictures yet - so I'm copying these on work computer & putting them on fb right now - thanks man!
Still using the old "I am missing a rib, poor me," excuse, eh? Wimp... :)
Cute tree!
I said I'd had a near-death experience this year at the Sampsons (to get my way or something) and Jason said, "Oh, how long are you going to milk that?" So I said, "Well your wife has been using cancer for 5 1/2 years!" So use the rib as long as you want!!
Post a Comment