

The turkey was amazing! I didn't even have to touch it. Landon owned it. He basted it with a homemade pomegranate sauce he concocted out of some leftover pomegranate juice we had in the freezer. Landon also made the mashed potatoes, the gravy and the stuffing. I made rolls (twice in 2 days because our friend Manase can seriously put away the rolls) and pies (and I heated up some frozen corn). Kristen made cranberry fluff and a relish tray. We made our homemade plum juice into a delightful festive beverage with the help of some diet 7Up.
The pies were disgusting. I tried a new pie crust recipe from the Pioneer Woman website and it shrunk! I also used that website's pecan pie recipe and it tasted good, but looked disgusting. I'm going back to the Better Homes and Garden's basic pie crust recipe. Adventures in pie making continues...
We recently bought some halogen light bulbs for the living room. It's REALLY bright in there now. After Thanksgiving dinner, Landon had to wear sunglasses to be in the living room. (That's not even a joke...he seriously can't stand how bright it is in there.)
1 comment:
THat turkey is gorgeous!!! I want a red turkey!
Post a Comment