Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bad Cats & Bad Doughnuts

Well, we've had enough of two cats. One's going back to the shelter Monday morning. Morti/Hunter II is the bad one. He sucks Roo's ears to the point of complete saturation, so I can't touch Roo's head without getting a wet hand. He yowls off and on throughout the night, he climbs on the table and counter top, and he hides under the girls' beds and tries to grab their feet. Once, I was going potty and he thought it was a good idea to "play" with my feet. I literally couldn't get up, so my feet and toes were bitten and scratched while I peed (and screamed). Roo, on the other hand, is pretty good. We really like him. He's really peaceful and likes to lay and be petted. His only bad habit is drinking out of the toilet, which doesn't really bother me since I don't get anywhere near his mouth and my toilets are always clean.

Lauren with a cuddly Roo.
Emma rescuing Roo from Morti/Hunter's constant suckage.
Bad Cat #1
Bad Cat #2

We made homemade yeast doughnuts for dinner tonight. We've struggled to get back to some kind of healthy diet since about Thanksgiving. These doughnuts were so bad for us that it's just what I needed to get motivated to eat better. I'm craving some vegetables right now.

3 comments:

weasel said...

Ha ha ha ha - about the bathroom experience - too funny! I remember Hunter, remember him going away too. Those donuts look really good, I made some last night - obviously not homemade though, so good! (Guess who's not going to lose any weight this week!) I am soooo unmotivated too!

Shannon said...

That Roo is a cute little guy. Too bad about Morti.

Anonymous said...

Send the recipe, they look sooo tasty. Sorry about Morti, but you deserve to have a good experience.
I love the music and don't know what Harvest Moon means--not too swift here.