Monday, January 19, 2009

Long Weekend


The girls and I had a 3 day weekend, but Landon had Teacher Inservice today. Evidently observing Human Rights Day is optional in Madison County, Idaho. We spent most of the weekend at home hanging out. The girls made a fort after church on Sunday and had a blast reading to each other inside it. Landon made significant progress on his Legos Star Wars Wii game and I took in a fair amount of the Dog Whisperer on the DVR. The Dog Whisperer is my new favorite show. If you haven't ever seen it, it's a reality show about Cesar Millan, a dog trainer guy. He is amazing! As we all know, I'm not a big dog fan, but watching this show is really fascinating. He believes, as a dog owner, you have to become the "pack leader" and show calm, assertive energy to your dog so it obeys you. I've begun applying his philosophy and methods to my kids, to the kids I subbed for and to the RS sisters on Sunday. As a result, all of these people are now projecting calm, submissive energy back to me as their pack leader. It's pretty sweet. We only get the channel the Dog Whisperer is on for a month, so I'm recording all the episodes.
Quick news items:
  • We ordered Mario Kart from Toy R Us online, and it arrived today. The girls and Landon are thrilled.

  • Today I endured High School Musical 3 again because it's at the cheap theater and I let the girls invite their friends to go see it.

  • Red Robin opened today in Idaho Falls. We'll probably go try it out next weekend.

  • All the propaganda about Obama being the Messiah is turning my stomach. I can't wait until the Inauguration is over.
The girls enjoying their fort.

3 comments:

weasel said...

Yeah - so pissed that not even Price is Right is on today! What a load of crap that we have to watch 10 hours of this on five channels!!!! At least Biggest Loser is going to be on tonight - my day is complete! There was a lady on Rachael Ray that bites the dogs neck to show who's in power - do you do that when they don't listen?!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kiki, I was going to ask that, too. Do you regurg food back to your underlings? Well, I would love a class in zen..not feeling all that calm lately.

Heidi said...

Oh my heck, I opened this up and thought I was looking at Roy from Siegfried & Roy. I couldn't figure out why he was trying to make a pit bull smile.