Monday, January 12, 2009

Stress

What a joke! I've been called everyday since I got on the sub list. Lauren was sick on Thursday, so I had to say no, but Friday I took a 4th grade class at Adams. Today I got a call from Burton Elementary to sub a 3rd grade class Tuesday through Friday. I said yes, of course, but now I am having heart palpitations and I'm sweating. Evidently putting 4th through 12th next to my name means nothing. When I signed up for the sub list, I envisioned a few calls a month to sit in a high school classroom and babysit a new group of teenagers each hour. I've always admitted that I can't stand being around other people's kids. I watch the clock everytime I have to babysit or volunteer in the girls' classrooms, and now I've willingly put myself in charge of a whole classroom of them for days at a time. Today I'm going to buy a ton of candy for classroom management purposes (that's my main weakness).
I guess this means the girls' skirts will have to wait a few days.

5 comments:

Kris said...

How else would you know how perfect your kids are if you didn't see what they could be?

weasel said...

You just have to think about the money the whole time - although it never seems worth it! When I babysit I just think how much I love my own kid and how horrible the other kid is!

Heidi said...

So do teachers leave work for you to do or do you just have to make it up on your own?

Shannon said...

That's too bad that the little ones drive you nuts but perfectly understandable. I think that you have a neat opportunity to experience so many different age and grade levels.

Lorina LeFevre said...

Once you get a few tricks up your sleeves it won't be so bad. Find some games to play to go with your candy.