Yesterday the girls and I went to the Museum of Idaho to see the Titanic exhibit. I'd never been to the museum before, so since Landon had a 10-page paper to write and it was spring break, the girls and I spent the day in Idaho Falls. The exhibit was really interesting and the girls really enjoyed it. We also spent a lot of time in the children's room, which is always in the museum. It is an interactive display with a history of frontier Idaho for kids to explore. I thought my kids might be too old to enjoy it, but they didn't want to leave! There was a log cabin for them to play "house" in, pioneer clothes to wear, a water pump to get water, dishes, furniture, etc. I loved watching them play house and act like they did when they were 2 and 4 years old. I thought those days were coming to an end, but I was glad to see they still like to pretend.Our family got "sucker punched" on Sunday. We made the mistake of answering the phone between sessions of conference. We were asked to speak this Sunday (Easter!) in sacrament meeting--all four of us. That means that Mom gets to prepare 3 talks instead of one. The best part is that my assignment is to speak on Elder Uchtdorf's Sunday morning conference talk, which isn't even in print online until Thursday! I have already listened to it 3 times, but it will really help prepare my talk when I can read it. Landon gets the "Easter Message" assignment.
Another newsworthy event is that our cat gets neutered tomorrow morning. As Landon told him, "there's only room for one set of balls in this house...because they're giant ones" We're all hoping the cat calms down after his little procedure. He's driving us crazy. Both girls have already requested that Landon take him out to the desert for some target practice. We're giving him a few weeks to see if the neutering helps calm him down a bit.
Remember my low-carb diet? The one where I lost 110 pounds a few years ago? Well, I started it again yesterday. I've managed to gain 25 pounds since November without even blinking. The good news is, I lost 7 pounds overnight. I ate mushrooms, bacon and eggs for breakfast, chicken caesar salad for lunch, and steak, asparagus, salad and a potato for dinner. I had string cheese for a snack last night. Lauren ate 9 stalks of asparagus at dinner and said, "I can't believe I didn't ask for this for my birthday dinner." She loves her veggies.
I'll keep my blog updated on my progress. If I can lose about 50 pounds, then I'll switch over to something healthy like weight watchers or something.
4 comments:
So was Landon referring to cats!? Holy crap - weight loss! We went to Justice today, got Lotu three outfits and a pair of pants and a skirt for $20~
Wish I were there to hear your talks..you probably doomed yourself with that great talk at Lauren's baptism. Hope Kitty did okay..he's a cutie. You have our good wishes on the diet. I went with Sara to the Titanic expo in Detroit and was very moved.
good for you being on a plan. Good luck with your talk.....
I think that diet is the only one out there that can tame the hunger beast inside of me! Good for you - maybe someday i'll get motivated and join you. Good luck on the talks.
Post a Comment