Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What We've Been Doing

The last week or two have been kind of uninspiring for blog material. Here are some pictures of what we've been doing:
I made my trusty Honey Oatmeal Bread. It turned out so beautiful that I had to take a picture.Sunday morning I had a 7:15am meeting, so Landon made the girls fried potato pancakes with some leftover mashed potatoes. I found this picture on the camera, so I'm assuming it was pretty noteworthy to the girls. Sunday I had my early meeting, 3 hours of church, followed by 4 hours of visits with various ladies in the ward. Long day.It keeps snowing! We'll have some really nice spring weather, then several days of cold weather. This is a picture of one of the townhouse buildings that is being constructed. We should have the last 7 buildings finished and landscaped by August. (As I told the wife of the project manager, "I'll believe it when I see it." I doubt she appreciated my attitude.)This is me, taking my 10 minute break. (That's what I call my afternoon "down time".) Kitty likes to rest on my neck/chest. We think we found a new home for him. Mr. Bowman, Emma's teacher, has a farm/ranch in Ashton. He likes to keep 2-3 barn cats, and he's got room for one more. We decided that Kitty is too much cat for the LeFevre family to handle. We cower in our bedrooms every morning, afraid to go out to the hallway, because the cat attacks our legs and feet. He's incredibly active and playful, and we're hopelessly sedentary.We have recently discovered that the girls' brains have developed enough to play Scrabble now. It's really fun! We played a few times when we had family visiting for Lauren's baptism, and we played last night with them. Lauren likes to tell Landon when they're playing on the same team, "Don't worry Dad, I've got it all figured out," then starts laying down a word on her own. (She came up with "zen" last night.) The only problem when we play board games with the girls is that they inevitably get silly and crazy and we end the game yelling at them to go upstairs and get ready for bed. (Look at the picture! You can see Lauren had already been ordered upstairs to get her pajamas on, and the girls are acting silly.)

3 comments:

weasel said...

O is freaking out when she saw this picture "that my Erin and titty! My see it...move my want to see my Erin!!!"

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would see a picture of you with a cat on or near your face. It still shocks me when I look at it.

Heidi said...

I would love to have you make me some of that bread. It looks wonderful.