Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

Everyone went to school today! The girls still like it when I walk in with them and help them find their desks and meet their teachers. Lauren starts school at 8:15am at a brand new elementary, and Emma starts school at 9:00am at the middle school. They both have very enthusiastic, warm, kind teachers this year (Mrs. Burt and Mrs. Lauritsen). I only cried on the way home from dropping off Emma and was pulled together by the time I got home. While they were gone, I made huckleberry/raspberrry/strawberry jam (I call it triple-berry jam), did 5 loads of laundry and ran lots of errands.
Mr. LeFevre, about to start his third year of teaching third grade.Lauren, about to start third grade at Burton Elementary. She opted to wear her fake glasses with her first day of school outfit. (I thought that was so funny and so cute. She kept them on all day.)
Emma, about to start fifth grade at Madison Middle School. Her teacher is the mother of a student in Landon's class from last year.
The girls, trying to show love for each other.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys look great!!! I'm both looking forward to and dreading the first day of school here.

weasel said...

Lauren does look really cute in those shades...look like they are real. Love their bags too, especially Emma's!

Shannon said...

Love the glasses but I think that Landon's picture is the best. I am totally jealous of him.

Anonymous said...

Made you mist up, huh?