Monday Landon, Emma, Nana and Kevin Lloyd (Landon's co-worker and commuting buddy for his grad. classes) went to Star Valley, Wyoming to hunt for huckleberries. They found them on top of a mountain, and picked about a gallon and a half. We've made huckleberry freezer jam, sauce for pancakes, huckleberry bread and sprinkled them on cereal. They're incredibly expensive to buy in the store, if you can even find them in a store. It was a long drive, hard work and I'm really glad I missed the trip.


While they were picking huckleberries, Kristen, Oliviana, Lauren and I went for a bike ride. I borrowed my friend Heidi's bike and trailer for Kristen and Oliviana, and the four of us went to the Nature Park, then rode to Jack In The Box for lunch, explored the bike path by the river and then went to Dairy Queen for a treat. We rode back to the Nature Park, where we had left the truck, loaded up and went home. It was a really fun day! I am incredibly motivated to ride any distance if food is at the end of the road. (As were all 3 of my riding buddies.)
1 comment:
I am so sad, my bike isn't getting fixed as fast as I wanted and I can't find a freaking trailer in the store that isn't $160 and the ones on ksl suck!!! Not working out like planned! I really want the cruiser that is on sale at Walmart though...$84!!!
Post a Comment