Lauren has been participating in rock climbing through the city of Rexburg recreation department. It's held at a local store called "Sticks and Stones." They sell bikes, snowboards and equipment that goes with those sports. The class is run by a college student who acts just like you would imagine a rock climbing, snow boarding, biking guy to act. At the first "class," I asked if they were going to teach the kids anything. The guy said, "No, we'll just let them climb around. If we tried to teach them something, they wouldn't listen anyway." I wanted to drop the class and try another activity, but Lauren loved climbing around and playing, so we're just going with the flow. As long as she breaks a sweat, I feel like a purpose is accomplished.

The rock climbing area is covered with rubber soles from shoes to cushion the floor when the climbers jump or fall off the wall.

Lauren gets about this far on her own. When she is attached to a rope she can climb quite a bit farther up. She is really nervous about jumping down. Other kids climb way up and jump down with no problem at all.
2 comments:
Loco is awesome at rock climbing! Your kids have no fear--that's great.
I am so impressed with Lauren's daring and Emma's straighter teeth.
Post a Comment